Thursday, November 30, 2023

Tropical Flowers Even In November

If you aren't a 'seasoned' crafter who likes to travel a bit, you would probably feel a bit uncomfortable attending a 5 day event with a dozen ladies you'd never met ~ and that includes rooming with several of them too. But crafty ladies are the fun, loving ladies who share this hobby all in somewhat different ways but in general are ready to share their knowledge and learn from yours. 

This was my situation this past July when I attended Stamp Camp with 11 ladies I only knew through a photo on Facebook, and several not even that. I left 5 days later with 11 new wonderful friends and have kept in touch with almost all of them since then, nurturing new friendships and continuing to learn from them.  

Today is Ms Barbara's birthday - our Oklahoma traveler.  While she was our roommate she did sleep on the sofa most of the time and had a few run in with the owner's dog Po, who thought she was there to sleep with him! 

For her card I wanted to send her something bright and cheerful knowing by the end of November she could easily have snow or bad weather there.   I don't get to order many Polkadoodles 'real' stamps with their location being in the UK, so I decided this new set 'Tropical Flowers 1' would be perfect for her with the bright flowers and of course a hummingbird.  



 

I stamped the images and used my Copic markers for coloring.  Then I used Gina Marie Designs, Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Frames for the edge.  I added the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' with Versa Clair Warm Breeze.

I selected a Kraft card base and added a mauve background mat, then secured the completed image to the center.  Next I added three randomly placed mini enamel dots and the aqua ribbon and bow at the fold to complete the card.

Happy Birthday Ms Barbara! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dream Valley ~ November Challenge ~ Challenge 306   

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ November Challenge ~ Challenge 218  

Sweet Stamping ~ November ~ It's Our Birthday  

Seize the Birthday  ~ Challenge 274 ~ Fall

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Flower: RV55, RV63, RV66, Leaves: YG93, YG95, Hummingbird: BV04, BG05, R37, YG01 

Products 



8 comments:

  1. Pam, you have a way with words! Super article about camp. Thank you for the birthday card and best wishes. We are indeed in for a rain and colder this afternoon. I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me—- up above! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and better yet the friendships that have flourished just like your card. I enjoyed reading your post with my coffee this morning and thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Pam. I'm sure your new crafty friend will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Pam, lovingly crafted with a special friend in mind! How beautiful to have come away from stamp camp with that many new friends!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam, a fabulous card for a new friend on their Birthday, love the stamp and beautiful colours on the hummingbird. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF
    ps. totally right on getting stamps from other companies, living in Australia I understand how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card. I'm sure your new friend will love it. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely image and great colouring for a fabulous card! Many thanks for playing along in our Sweet Stampin' challenge last fortnight and apologies for being a little late in getting round commenting. Sarah - Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete