Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Lighting the Yule Log

While the lighting of the Yule Log was typically a Nordic celebration, we're all somewhat exposed to the idea in general that it is used to symbolize the birth of Jesus or to symbolize Jesus's triumph over sin.  

I think we are more familiar with seeing the Advent wreath with the weekly countdown of colored candles until Christmas Eve.

However, for my "Y" entry in Beccy's Place November Challenge, I elected to color a Yule Log Candle. 





The image shows how the wooden logs were beautifully decorated with three Yellow candles surrounded by holly leaves and berries, other foliage and a bright red bow.  

I used Copic markers for the coloring and then the edging was done with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die.  I used the same die package for the gold patterned matting cardstock.  Both layers were secured on an A2 card base.  Then I added the sentiment strip to a black strip and then secured it to the bottom of the card base directly under the image to complete my design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 306 

Inkspirational ~ Challenge 303 ~ Seasonal 

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 8    

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 623/624


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics   

YULE word: Y28, Stars: Y19, Y26, Candles: Y19, R27, Y15, Holly: YG67, YG63, R27, Other Leaves: BG18, BG72, Bow: R35, R37, R39, Lob: E70, E74, Holder: Y28







 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring Pam... the yellow candles in your yule log are bright and cheerful. I like all the stars you added in the background too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty
    Coloring is amazing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Pam, and great use of the "Y" prompt.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning Pam. I love the candles and your gorgeous design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete