Monday, November 27, 2023

Have an X-tra Sweet Christmas

Today's card is another one that I had no idea where it was going but love the end result.  We're up to alpha 'X' in the November challenge with Beccy's Place - not a super easy letter but several options.  I had decided on candy canes and being blessed with knowing how to use photoshop elements really helps when you want to turn or alter images.  

But not all images can be altered without a lot of extra work, then you spend time either fixing them or seeking others that will work.  I love the design part of digital stamping, building scenes with several stamps, etc. but sometimes I end up loosing all my coloring time working on just the designs. 

Today's Candy Canes came from Jan's Digital Stamp Shop, where I've been on the Design Team for several years.  This image was one that I could flip over and I could alter the 'excess' to merge them into this image.   This is always done in a copy, never altering the original image and never doing any thing she wouldn't approve of.  I always respect the artist greatly and wish I had the ability to draw like they do!  



I flipped the bottom candy cane over and then 'erased' the extra pieces of bow and leaves that weren't needed.   Once completed I sized to about 3" and printed on Neenah 110# cardstock.  The image is colored with Copic markers and the decorative edge was done using Craft Essentials Deco Squares die.  

I love the coordinating Christmas paper with fruit on it!  What fun is that with the candy canes!  This turned out to be a 5" square card, I cut the card base myself since it's not a standard size.  I secured the patterned background paper, then added the candy canes just above the center point.  Randomly I added the small enamel dots that coordinated with the image,  The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions, Simple Strips Christmas Sentiments and I added a foam strip behind it before securing across the bottom of the colored image.  Lastly, I added the mint colored 'Merry Christmas' wax seal at the top left that I made for an additional handmade touch. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ November

Just Add Ink ~ Challenge 680 ~ Alcohol 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 124

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Candy Canes: R21, R22, BG09, BG15, Bow: R24, R27, Berries, R24, 

Leaves: BG72, BG18

 

Products 


Craft Essentials, Deco Squares


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful interpretation of the "X" prompt Pam, it's not an easy letter to work with. You've done a fabulous job flipping and merging the images too, and your colouring is fantastic!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card
    You always do such a great job xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. Great colouring, fab backing paper and I really like the shape of the die you've used.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you captured the gleam and shine of the candy canes when you coloured them Pam. They are a lovely feature for a festive Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly a lot of work has gone into making this card. I like the colour combination used. I've just got into making wax seals. How do you get them so evenly shaped?
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found to put a little less than what you think you need. Then I panic I don't have enough -but those are usually the best ones. And believe me a LOT are not even, but they go on the cards anyway!

      Delete
  6. Stunning work Pam - love your result - this card is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colours on this and great colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done Pam. Such patience. I am too new to things digital to attempt anything like that.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card, candy canes seem to be in this year, lovely colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete