Friday, November 3, 2023

Embrace the Detours

Today marks a special day in my life ~ the day I became a mother, 42 years ago.  What a blessing the birth of my son was and what an adventure it has been since then.

Like many mothers of 'active boys' I could write a book about raising my son, until he reached his teenage years.  That is when the 'aliens took over'  and there are many days we all wondered if he would live to see his 18th birthday. 

By the grace of God, he did I'm proud to say.  It is amazing to see the complete turn around he made and kind hearted man he is today.   Yes, I'm one proud Mom!

Here's the birthday card I made for his birthday today. 



I used three stamp sets for this card.  I started in the background with Penny Black's Woodland Getaway.  I stamped this on a 6" x 8" piece of Neenah cardstock, using black Versa Clair, then added clear embossing powder and heat embossed the image. 

Next I stamped Pink Ink Designs, Mel's Angel image using black Memento ink, below the embossed background image.  I used my Copic markers for the coloring. When completed, I trimmed close to the images, as both are large images.  I cut the coordinating orange and blue cardstock mats and made the side fold card base.  Before securing, I added the tire print stamp at the bottom left corner, from the Pink Ink package.  Then I secured each layer as shown.

For the sentiments, I used Whimsy Stamps, Enjoy the Journey.  For each sentiment I stamped with blue Versa Clair ink and heat embossed.  After die cutting, I added self adhesive foam sheeting to the back of each tag, then secured them in place on the card front.  The completed card was huge but I know he will love it! 

Part Two

My son is also a very busy handyman, always working around his home or helping others with their projects.  Part of his birthday gift was a little extra funding for his current project and I wanted a cute packaging for that.  I covered a Kleenex box with woodgrain paper and washi tape and used Art Impressions Weekend Warrior stamp to make this 'bank' for those special project funds! 



Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Fab N Funky ~ Challenge 583 ~ Masculine  

Use Your Stuff ~ Challenge 496  

Mix It Up ~ Challenge 68  

World Wide Crafters & Colourist ~ October Challenge 

Pink Ink Designs ~ Birthday Competition ~ Wheels

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bandana: YR18, B66, Jacket: N7, N6, C4, C3, N2, Y28, Bike: B28, B26, B24, C2, Lights: YR18, Y19, Y18, Ground: E40, E41, E42, Beard: W4, W3, W2, Skin:E11, E21, Sky, B000

Part two:  Weekend Warrior

Hat: YR18, YR16, Eyes: B24, Mask: W4, Shirt: YG95, YG93, YG91, Jeans: B95, B93, Gloves: E35, Screwdriver: R59, R46, C6, Drill: E19, E17, Hammer: E19, C5, Belt: E13, C4, C5, Boots: E37, C5

 

Products  






5 comments:

  1. What a great card and 'bank' Pam - I love it when a card is tailored to the recipient like that. That motorcycling image is such a great one! Love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super cool
    I love it
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge but I cannot find a link to our challenge blog in your post. To be eligible to win you must link back to the challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love LOVE, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great creations Pam! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete