Friday, November 24, 2023

From U to V - What Shall I Be?

Somewhere about mid way through Beccy's Place's November Challenge, I sorted through my recent Christmas cards from my last retreat putting them in order to see what I needed to make for the rest of the month.  These Teddy Bear cards from CC Designs were placed in the 'T' place holder and rested there until earlier this week when I realized I had several Thanksgiving Cards, plus other 't' cards to post on the challenge.  So I saved these two.... and then when I looked at them together I chuckled!

Right in front of me ... one card cut in the perfect "U" shaped flap and  


one card cut in the perfect 'V' shaped flap. 


Like the poor fellow couldn't decide what he wanted to be! 

Both of the scalloped edgers are part of the My Favorite Things, Stitched Scallop Basic Edgers.  The sentiments are from Taylored Expressions, Simple Strips, Christmas set and the image is CC Designs, Berry Sweet. 

It does show how different the paper and die cut with the same image can really change the look of the completed card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards

Christmas Craft Creations ~ November ~ Add A Hat 

Crafty Gals ~ Challenge 249 ~ Dots/Stripes 

Mix it Up ~ Challenge 68

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hat: R37, R39, Bear: E40, E41, E42, R43

 

Products


CC Designs, Berry Sweet (discontinued)

My Favorite Things, Stitched Scallop Basic Edger Dies


 

6 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying all these ideas for the difficult letters... "U" and "V" shaped dies is a good one! Your little bears are adorable Pam, and you did a wonderful job with the colouring, they coordinate perfectly with the paper and card.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so cute
    I love him
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image of the teddy bear, Pam, and I do love how you have made the cards 'the same but different' Wonderful results
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable card Pam! I love the little bear with his oversized hat and your layout design for these! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at the MIU Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he's adorable in his little hat - great to see the two styles too. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations but please note to be eligible for our prize or to be mentioned as a winner you need to include our graphic in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, how cute is he!! Love the papers your chose too. So glad you joined us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete