Monday, November 13, 2023

Light of the World

Today's alphabet letter in Beccy's Place November Challenge is the letter "L".    We're over half way through the alphabet and I'm really enjoying participating again this year.  

I've selected one of Beccy's images for this card. Her 'Peace and Light' set was just released for the 2023 Christmas season.  




You are the Light of the World... Matthew 5:14

I sized the lantern to just under 4" tall and layered the sentiment close to the image.  After printing on Neenah 110# cardstock, I used my Copic markers for coloring.  

I selected the background paper then used Gina Marie's Label 3 die set for the decorative edges.  Each piece is secured on a standard A2 white card base.  For the final touch I added Glossy Accents to the 'glass' area of the lantern to give it a bit of dimension.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ Month of Holiday Cards ~ November Challenge  

Crafts Galore Encore ~ Challenge 117  

Farm Quest Christmas ~ Challenge 2

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Lantern: YR23, YR24, YR27, R24, B000, Poinsettia: R27, R24, R22, R21,  Leaves: G46, G42, Berries: E41, Shadow: W3

 

Products  




5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this is beautiful Pam! I love the glossy accents you added to the image, it really does give the effect of glass. Gorgeous choice of colours too, I particularly like the "gold".
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card
    Nice edges
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at FarmQuest Country Christmas challenge #2! Love the lantern! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have framed you beautiful image panel, Pam. I spotted the glossy accents on the glass part of the lantern straight away - a fabulous touch
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your image choise and your coloring. Using glossy accents was a great idea!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete