Friday, November 17, 2023

Hanging Ornament Card

In my card swap group the tech challenge for November was to follow this Jennifer McGuire Ink video on Heat Embossed Embossing Folder for our card. 

Here's the reference for you: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_8uDal2IpA

My finished card~ 


 For this project I used the Darice Swirling Leaves embossing folder and silver embossing powder.  

I die cut the panel using Gina Marie Designs Drop Pendant die set and then mounted the panel on a black top fold A2 card base about a 1/4' from the top. 

I die cut the hanging ornament using the Memory Box Cabrini Ornament and the holly patterned paper.  Then I die cut the top area again using the green dotted Swiss paper to get the leaves and stem; and again using a tiny scrap of red to get the berries. 

Next I carefully secured each of the pieces back together on top of the silver embossed panel.  I had left the gap at the top for a ribbon and bow but found that it really took away from the design.  Instead I decided to add the strips of thin washi tape across the top.  Lastly I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment and die cut it using the Penny Black's Elegant Stitching die.  I did of course add a white panel inside for writing. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place ~ November ~ Month of Holiday Cards 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 621/622  

Shopping Our Stash ~ Challenge 509 ~ Emboss Like a Boss  

The Holly and the Ivy ~ Challenge 152  

Die Cut Divas ~ November Challenge ~ All About the Holidays

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products  

Gina Marie Designs, Drop Pendant  

Memory Box, Cabrini Ornament  




5 comments:

  1. That background is just gorgeous
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a striking, elegant background you created Pam, and it really sets off the ornament beautifully.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning result of the using the technique - well done. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. I'm loving all the shine and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background on this lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.

    ReplyDelete