Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Joy is Multiplied

The Classic Design Challenge for November is now open and our sponsor for this month is Paper Nest Dolls.  

I've selected Penguin Joy for my Design Team Card and made an easel Christmas card.



 

I started by sizing the image to about 4" wide and printed it on Neenah 110# cardstock.  I used a combination of Copic markers and fine line pens for the coloring.

When completed, I used a pierced dot rectangle die for the edge, then secured the image to the 4" x 5" black snowflake background.

I cut and folded the easel base out of heavy white cardstock, then added the completed piece on the 'front' and a 2" strip on the card 'bottom top'.  About a 1/4" down from that edge, I added the sentiment strip which is also raised on foam prior to securing.  This allows the colored image a place to 'hold' for displaying.

Lastly I added a generous amount of snow stickles to the penguin's hat and placed it aside to dry overnight. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place - Month of Holiday Cards ~ November Challenge  

Use Your Stuff ~ Challenge 479  ~ Winter/Snow 

The Crafting Challenge ~ November


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

 'J':  fine line light green, 'Y': fine Line red, 

Penguin:  Nose: YR27, Hat: R05, R08, R17, R27, Body: Y0000, N1, N3, N5, N7, Shadow: W3

 

Products 



3 comments:

  1. Cute image Pam, and a great sentiment to go along with it! I like the fold you chose too, easel cards always have a "wow-factor".
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of that sweet image Pam, and a delightful easel card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Challenge Dt Manuela

    ReplyDelete