Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Work of His Hands

For the last day of Beccy's Place November Challenge, we are to make a card to show what we LOVE to do!  I often say my coloring of my cards is my daily joy, what I love to do, as I feel God's presence with me, guiding me when I am quiet and coloring.  

Another thing that I love to do, is looking out my window or sitting on our porch and enjoying the view of Lake Murray from our little cove.  If you are my Facebook friend, you've seen photo postings from time to time during different seasons from one of the view points.   I never tire of this image, it's always different, as God paints His masterpiece across our sky each and every day.    

To capture that in a card, I took one of the recent afternoon photos, which had lots of pinks, purples and blues in the sky, and opened it in Photoshop Elements.  I changed it to a black & white photo and then used a couple of adjustment filters to lighten it further without distorting the image.   

I printed the image and colored it back in with my Copic markers, double matted it and made into a 5 x 6" greeting card.  



I considered several sentiments and scriptures to go on the card front or if I should just leave it blank on the front. 

I decided this scripture fit best for me personally, from Psalm 19.1 ~ "The Heavens declare the Glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands."

I will always be in awe of God's amazing creations, the majesty of the skies and the blessings He continues to give us daily.  I think you can see why I named our home 'Grateful Reflections'.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

Thank you Beccy for a wonderful month of Holiday cards.  I look forward to 2024 with your monthly newsletters/challenges and another November month long challenge next fall. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards

Shopping our Stash ~ Challenge 510 ~ Splish Splash 

Path of Positivity ~ Challenge 117 ~ Texture  

Creative Inspiration Challenge ~ Challenge 8  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 623-624 


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Pinks: R00, R01, R81, Purples: B60 BV20, Greys: B91, B93, Blues: B21, B32, Light Blue: B000, Shadow: N4, N5

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow you need to frame this
    Gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing card Pam, it looks like a painting! Such a beautiful scene and the colours are lovely. You live in a very picturesque part of the world.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a great technique using a photo and Copics! Beautiful effect and perfect scripture added! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Pam. Thank you for sharing the process... very creative! I'm so glad you shared with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful image, Pam, and I love how you have altered it and then re-coloured!! God certainly is the greatest artist!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully coloured scene Pam. What a lovely view to have. Thank you for entering the November Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I have a feeling that God, the creator of both this original scene and of your artistic talent in putting it onto a card... revels in your card. TFS! Kathy A from myasperations

    ReplyDelete