Saturday, November 18, 2023

Quilted Stocking Full of Jingles

As we're still moving through the alphabet with Beccy's Place November challenge of a Month of Holiday cards, today's letter is 'Q'.  I think we'd all admit you have to stop a second to decide on an image for your Holiday card with 'Q'.  

But not if you remember all the wonderful FREE images that Beccy's Place also offers linked to her newsletter.  I'll reference that section at the bottom of my blog. 

I selected her 'Quilted' Stocking for my card entry. 




I sized the image to about 3 inches tall and printed it on 110# Neenah card stock.  I wanted to give it a rich Victorian look, so I used deep shades of green and burgundy Copics for coloring.

I have a new die set from PinkFresh called Ornate Banners that I wanted to try out ~ and I love it!  After die cutting the stocking layer I used Copic R59 and carefully colored the edge to add a slight contrast.

I secured the green patterned larger die to the A2 card base, then added the image die to the top.  With the stocking being a smaller image, there was a good bit of 'white space' remaining at the top.  I cut the coordinating gold patterned strip to go across the top, secured it and then added the two strips of green washi tape.

The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions, Simple Sentiments Strips - Christmas and I raised it on a cut foam strip before adding it to the coordinating mat and then the card itself.  Lastly I randomly added the enamel dots to complete my design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards

Allsorts ~ Week 755   

C.R.A.F.T ~ Challenge 698 ~ Christmas 

Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 93 ~ Christmas


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

BG13, BG49, Y28, R59, R22, R21

Products






      

5 comments:

  1. Great job
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours Pam, I think you nailed that gorgeous, rich Victorian look. I can almost imagine the velvety softness of that stocking. Great choice of paper too, the patterns work perfectly with the image.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely seasonal colours for your Christmas card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts Christmas Time challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Pam, and I love the rich colours that you used for the quilted stocking. That wee red border on the banner is perfect!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete