Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Thankful & Grateful Challenge

As part of our Thanksgiving Holiday this month, one of my card sites weekend challenge this past weekend was Thankful, Grateful and Blessed.  While I was away at a retreat and didn't make it back in time to get my cards posted, I did make two for the Thanksgiving challenge.  

I've used Penny Black's Floral Pumpkin stamp set for these two similar but different 5" square cards. 





For both images i stamped the pumpkins and used my Copic markers for coloring.  Then I felt like I should have thought through this one a bit more, as they needed a background.  

Backing up a bit, I stamped one again on a scrap, cut it out and made a mask, then used the Momenta, Woodgrain Plank background stamp with Versa Fine Clair Pinecone ink and stamped over the entire white card.  This worked out great!  

Then I returned the images to my Misti and stamped the 'Grateful' from Catherine Pooler's Autumn Blessings using Versa Fine Clair Pinecone Ink. 

Next I found background paper for each completed piece and used a corner rounder after trimming to 5 1/4" square. For each design,  I secured the matting to the card base and then secured the completed image.  You'll notice I turned the first card so the fold is on the left, since the image is slightly to the right of the center.  Since the second image is slightly to the left of the center, I turned the fold to the top.  I wrapped twine around the fold and tied a small loopy bow, then added the enamel dots to complete each card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ Month of Holiday Cards ~ G = Grateful 

Crafty Calendar ~ November Challenge  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 619 - 620

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ November

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

1st card:  Stems: E17, E15, Sunflower: Y19, Y18, Y15, E11, E13, E15, Leaves: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, Background: BG70 BG72 

2nd card:  Leaves: E15, E17, E13, E11, Flower: YR09, YR16, YR21, Background: BG34, YG01

Products




5 comments:

  1. Very pretty
    I love the sunflower 🌻
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images Pam, I love the combination of the flower and the pumpkin shape. Great backgrounds too... they have a beautiful, country vibe.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, I especially love the sunflower card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful pair of cards Pam, and as you say, the same but different. wonderful work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards! I love the rustic feel. Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)

    ReplyDelete