Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Holiday Season

I made today's card to post with Jan's Design Team and it ended up being an extra, so I'm using it today for my "H" entry on Beccy's Place Month of Holiday cards.  It's a lot of fun playing along with her challenges especially since I usually post in the morning and her challenge doesn't become live until around 5 in the afternoon.  Although the alphabet goes consecutively, she's a bit sneaky in throwing in an additional challenge every few days to keep us hopping.  

As I look at this card with the beautiful 'H' for 'Holly' berries for the 'Holiday' I can't help but love the double matting or the look of the three patterns of paper used on this card.  I'm fondly reminded of my sweet friend Arlene, who has taught so many of us how valuable double matting is with photos in our scrapbooks and how to use 'ugly paper'.  Those are the treasured memories we are grateful for and remember especially during the month of November as we make our Christmas cards for next month. 



 The holly berries appear to be drawn in the package as a corner embellishment, you might notice.  However enlarged and used as the focal point in a card with the sentiment, they are stunning and perfect for the holiday season. 

After printing I used Copic markers for coloring the image and then pulled the multiple papers for the A2 sized card.  

I used the My Favorite Things Elegant Stitched Stax Die set for the layers and secured each to the card base as shown. No ribbon or bow is needed for this one - it's simply beautiful as it is. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ Month of Holiday Cards ~ November Challenge  

Cards Galore ~ Challenge 117  

Daisy Chain ~ Challenge 80 ~ Christmas / Winter

Pam's Pearls


Copics

Berries: R27, R17, Holly: G40, G43, G46, Other Leaves: YG63, YG65

Products 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful
    I love this
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, this is so beautiful! A very elegant Christmas card and the die cut arches make a beautiful frame. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” November Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete