Thursday, November 16, 2023

Remember the Dreams

My second card for the 'non-traditional Christmas Colors' alphabet challenge on Beccy's Place Month of Holiday cards is from Stamping Bella.  I've used Natalie & the Nutcracker.

While most Stamping Bella stamps are small or thin, this is one set that getting all three stamps on one card front is a challenge in itself!



 My card front is just under 6" and with the matted border it's over!  But I do love the way it turned out - not exactly like I had planned!

I started with my large card front and the two image stamps in my Misti.  I attempted to mask over the nutcracker with the fullness of Natalie's skirt.... but it didn't quite work out that way.  As you can see, she ended up right beside him, and I had to draw in the masked part of the nutcracker since I'd already removed him from the stamping platform. Yes, I should have used the acetate trick of stamping first to be sure she was lined up where she needed to be!   Sometimes you just move on.... 

Which I did ... and continued to color both images with my Copic markers.  When completed, I had a LOT of white space!  I used Distressed Oxide Lost Shadow and Artisan Stencil, Lace #7 and lightly stenciled the background around the images.   Afterwards, I added the sentiment which is also part of this package. 

For the matting I selected a coordinating purple cardstock and used the Tattered Lace Hemstitch Square die.  I used a white card base that is 1/4" smaller than the matted square, so the edging shows and the base is behind it. 

Yes, it's a big card, but the images can hold their own.  It really turned out pretty. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place ~ November ~ Month of Holiday Cards

The Holly & The Ivy ~ Challenge 152

Challenge of your Life ~ Challenge 164 ~ Cozy Christmas  

Mix it Up ~ Challenge 68

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Natalie: E39, YR27, YR24, YR20, V15, V17, V12, Nutcracker: N7, R25, C0, YR27  

 

Products





 

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card turned out beautifully Pam, even if it's not quite what you planned. You've done a beautiful job with the colouring and framing of the image. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well despite your detours, your card is so gorgeous Pam - love the wee characters and how you have used them, and your soft lacy background is perfect for them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining our "Cozy Christmas" challenge over at Challenge Up Your Life!!! I love your amazing and interesting background and cute images! Have a fabulous day and happy crafting! Maike

    ReplyDelete