Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Happy Holidays

As we turn the calendar to November it always seems the rest of the year goes faster than the previous months.  Here in our home, we love the Christmas season and enjoy celebrating every day of that time of year.  We do however do our best to focus on the Thanksgiving Holiday as we are very grateful every day for the many blessings Our God continues to pour out richly upon us.   I'll be sharing a mixture of fall, thanksgiving, winter and Christmas from now to the year's end.  I hope you'll enjoy each of them and come back each day to see what's on my desk. 

I'm starting the month off with Morgan's ArtWorld Design Team posting for November as this afternoon we open her blog challenge for the month.  I've selected 'X-Mas Bundle 2', which has two images, and I've used the bell from  this package.



 
I enlarged the bell image to just under 4" square and after printing, used my Copic markers for coloring.

I selected the Craft Essential Ornate Scallop Square Nesting Frames die for the completed image to give it a pretty border cut.  I used Copic B06 to carefully color the die cut edge, giving it a slight softening of the edges. 

For the sentiment I used the preprinted 'Happy Holidays' and mounted it on coordinating blue cardstock.  I added a cut piece of sticky back foam sheeting to the back and set it aside.  

For the card base,  I sized the image with the sentiment below it, then made the white cardstock base with a top fold.  I added the red buffalo print matting to the front, then secured the completed image and the raised sentiment as shown. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

Be sure to visit Morgan’s ArtWorld for more images and to see the other Design Team cards. We’d love for you to join us in the monthly challenge!


I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

The Holly & the Ivy ~ Challenge 151 

Use Your Stuff ~ Challenge 496    

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ November  

Beccy's Place ~ Holiday Card a Day November Challenge ~ (B Bell)


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bell: YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21, YR28, YR26, Pinecones: E21, E23, E25, Berries & Poinsettia: R14, R37, Leaves: YG61, YG63, YG67, Bow: B04, B06

 

Products 

Morgan's ArtWorld, X-Mas Bundle 2

Craft Essential Ornate Scallop Square Nesting Frames



 

3 comments:

  1. Love this
    Background really makes it pop so nicely
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bell image is wonderful Pam, and you've coloured it beautifully. The die you used to cut the panel is fabulous.... such a pretty edge. I also like the deep red background paper, it works well with the pine branch.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful Christmas card, Thanks for joining us at THAIC.

    ReplyDelete