Thursday, November 16, 2023

Oh Holy Night - Born in a Manger

I'm continuing to enjoy playing along with Beccy's Place for the month of November in her challenge of a Month of Holiday Cards.  

The letter for today is 'O' and I really couldn't decide what day to post this card from Di's Digital Stamps.  Her little 'Nativity Mice' could have gone for several of the alphabet from Angels to Mice to Nativity to several others.  But I've picked 'Oh Holy Night' for the posting for this one.  I love to be able to focus any of my cards toward God's word and in this case the true meaning of the Christmas season!




I sized the image to just under 4" and used my Copic markers for all of the coloring.  The decorative edge was achieved using Gina Marie Designs Tribal Stitched Square dies.  I really like the diamond cut in this die which allows a bit of the background paper to shine through.  

For this card, I selected a deep green metallic cardstock that has a gold circle pattern.  It's positioned so that it looks a bit like Swiss cheese behind the image.  I didn't want a standard white cardstock card base, so I used a bright yellow cardstock and made the base for the completed image.   I secured the background and then the image to the front of the card base.  

For the sentiment I used one of the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips - Christmas, backed it with a strip of foam and secured it in the bottom right corner of the card front.  Lastly I added just a little bit of gold Stickles to each of the halos to give them a bit of sparkle.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ November ~ Month of Holiday Cards

Passion for Markers ~ Challenge 716 ~ Occasions other than Birthdays  

Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 93 ~ Christmas 

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 213 ~ Lighting the Way 

Farm Quest Country Christmas ~ Challenge 2

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products  

Di's Digital Stamps, Nativity Mice 



 Gina Marie Designs, Tribal Stitched Square Dies



Taylored Expressions, Simple Strips, Christmas

7 comments:

  1. Wow! A 3rd entry for FQCCCB! Thanks for linking your charming country Christmas manger scene card with us! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling ao darling
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Pam, and I think the alternative nativity is gorgeous - love your mounting of the image - both the wonderful textured edge and the bright yellow base :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this might be the only mouse nativity I've ever seen Pam, and it's adorable! Those little guys are so cute, and you've coloured them perfectly.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image and lovely festive card. Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute. Darling images and card. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Mondayy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another sweet card Pam. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete