Thursday, November 9, 2023

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

The next challenge in Beccy's Place 'A Month of Holiday Cards' for November is something that starts with the letter 'I'. While the choices are somewhat limited, I knew I wanted to use Jan's Digital Stamp's Christmas Skates for my "ICE" skates entry.  



 
I've pulled out just the skates with the holly from the package and then added the pink snowflake wreath from Amanda Jayne's Frames package for the pretty edge. 

For the coloring, I used a fine point multiliner for the laces, the berries and the holly leaves.  For the blades I used Copic C4.

I didn't want to take away from the snowflake border, so I selected a simple circle die cut using Pink & Main's Large Nesting Circle die cut set. I cut the pink glitter paper to 4 3/4" square.  Before adding the image, I made a smaller circle cut in the center, using the 2" circle die, and removed this piece.  Often times, images are hard to secure to glitter paper so this is just an added trick to be sure my image will stay where I want it to be. 

 I adhered the glitter paper to the 5" square top fold card base, then added the completed image in the center being sure it was secured in the middle and on the edges.  

The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Simple Strips - Christmas Sentiments and I've added a foam strip behind it before adding across the right corner of the card image.  Lastly I added the hunter green ribbon at the card fold near the top of the image to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ Month of Holiday Cards ~ November Challenge

Try it on Tuesday ~ Sparkle all the Way 

Creations in Mainly Pink ~ Challenge 63

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 






4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, that pink glitter background is gorgeous Pam, what a pretty colour! The ice-skates look fabulous, you've done a great job with the colouring. I love the gorgeous snowflake wreath too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sparkle and I love the combination of dark green with all the pink, a nice Christmas color combination. Thanks for joining our challenge at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card,
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete