Monday, November 13, 2023

The Blessed Angels Sing

This afternoon, I'm sharing a card I made for a swap this month.  The challenge was a card with a 'lantern or a street lamp'.  I selected Penny Black's, 'Cones and Berries' stamp for my card.



 

I started with the lamp post stamp on an acrylic block instead of using my Misti.  I inked it up with Versa Clair black and stamped the first image really 'hard' then barely moved to the right, almost a rocking motion, and stamped lightly.  This gave me the shadow stamp image.  Actually I was quite amazed to achieve the positive results the first time!

I colored the flame and the light surrounding with Copic markers Y19 and Y11. 

For the tree limbs in the background, I used Unity Stamps, Layers of Life, Feel with Your Soul. I stamped with Momenta London Fog ink on both sides of the lamp post.  

Next I needed our favorite winter birds, Red Cardinals.  I love the Impression Obsession Cardinal die that I purchased in Atlanta this past July.  It cuts out a dozen different birds at one time!  I randomly glued several on the tree limbs and a couple near the lamp light. 

Next I added the red matting behind the image and found two strips of green metallic cardstock to fit down each side.  I secured the three pieces to the front of an A2 card base.  Lastly I needed a small sentiment that wouldn't take away from the image.  I found the quote 'The Blessed Angels Sing' in the Tim Holtz Christmas 2023 sentiments pad and secured it on the bottom left of the card front to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 217  

We Love Stamping ~ November Challenge  

The Paper Players ~ Color Challenge 666

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ November


Pam's Pearls

 

Products 





4 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job with the stamping Pam, thanks for sharing your shadowing technique! It's always great when something works the first time. I love the shadowy trees you added to the background, they really add to the atmosphere of the card, and the little red cardinals give a perfect pop of colour.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing
    I love love this
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very striking in back and red, lovely to see you at We Love Stamping November challenge, many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete