Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Casing Myself

Did you read that title right?  Yes, I'm casing a card I made myself.  I've never done this before but that's today's challenge on Beccy's Place November Challenge.  We're posting a month of Holiday cards and there's more days in the month than alphabet letters .....so this is day two (if I'm counting right) of non-alpha challenges.

We're to case a card we made, changing something or changing a lot but show what was before and after. So first, what I've created today.

I've used the same image as my cased card from December, 2021 when I was asked to make the Christmas card for our church to use to send to the children at the Connie Maxwell Children's Home. 



 

Other things that are the same are that I used Copic markers and I used the Penny Black, Elegant Stitching dies for the decorative edges. 

Here's my December, 2021 card ~ 

The differences are ~ this time I used Ivory paper for printing, I didn't look at this photo for coloring preferences, I somehow did find similar paper only red instead of green (small miracle), I added a multi colored twine on the left end before adding to the Kraft card base.  

So while they are similar, they are different...just as this was a different exercise for sure.  I'd much rather case someone like Beccy where I'm learning something new!   How about you? Have you ever cased your own card from back a couple of years? 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place ~ November Challenge ~ Month of Holiday Cards  

A Place to Start ~ November 

Peace on Earth ~ Challenge 52 

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 521 ~ Got to be Christmas

 

Pam's Pearls



 


4 comments:

  1. Ha ha no one said when you case
    It has to be someone else lol
    Awesome cards
    Really like them both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Pam, great choice for your CASE! I like the little tweaks you made, particularly the addition of the multicoloured yarn. Cute image too, and you did a fabulous job with the colouring... both times!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never CASED myself, but I must say I am impressed with what you have done here, Pam, and to be honest, I like both versions of the card :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love the changes you've made and the addition of the yarn is a fantastic idea. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete