Saturday, November 11, 2023

Christmas Stripes

With more days in the month than there are alphabet letters, our dear friend Beccy at Beccy's Place, throws a curve every few days in her Month of Holiday Card challenge.  For the 11th day, the challenge is to 'use our lovely cutoffs from previous projects' to make our Holiday cards.  

I ended up with two cards to share, then I will show you what I used to make mine.

Using traditional Christmas colors ~ 


Using non-traditional Christmas colors ~ 


I'd venture to say having plenty of scraps isn't a problem for 98% of us since part of our crafting style is to use bits and pieces on other things or upcycle items.  I'm probably in the 2% that doesn't save paper scraps!  I know-hard to believe (especially if you know me!) but with a limited space to craft, scraps take up valuable real estate! 

However, after converting all my 12 x 12" paper pads down to 6" square about three years ago (the best thing I've ever done), I always have a little stash of ~2" x 6" strips left from cutting my card mats.  They are easy to store and are great for smaller die cuts or borders for layouts on my cards. 

I pulled out the bag with the metallic and Christmas scraps,


selected several that coordinated and trimmed them to 1" wide for this project.


For the tree die I used the Momenta Christmas Tree Shaker die since I needed an outline die.   On a scrap paper about 4" x 6", I glued six strips diagonally, making sure they were tightly touching together, then die cut using the outline tree die.

Separately I stamped and Copic colored the Santa's Elves from the Hero Arts set, then die cut them out. I also die cut the vertical 'MERRY' out of the coordinating metallic paper.

After selecting the background matting, I secured the 'Merry' down the right side, then added the tree in the center of the background.  I added foam to the back of the head and body of the elves and secured them at their feet below the tree, and on the tree at their head and body.  For decorations, I added enamel dots on the trees and tiny packages under each of the trees to complete the card designs.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ Month of Holiday Cards ~ November Challenge  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 265  

Cut it Up ~ Challenge 290  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 689 ~ Christmas

Pam's Pearls


Products 






4 comments:

  1. Too cute
    Great way to use scraps
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Pam, your cards are fantastic! The die-cut trees look wonderful... isn't it amazing what a difference the colours make? The little elves are very cute and you did a great job with the colouring. I like the large, mirror card sentiments too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful use of your 'scraps', Pam, and a pair of gorgeous cards - well done!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Layer it Up" challenge. Please join our newest challenge #291 "Friends and Family."
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete