Sunday, October 1, 2023

The Masquerade Ball

Here we are starting OCTOBER! Oh where has this year gone?

I'm posting early today as I'll be traveling all day for a week's vacation at the beach!  Later today the rest of the Creative Team for Morgan's ArtWorld will share their cards and the October Challenge Blog will be open.  

For my Design Team card I've selected her Masquerade 2 Greyscale.




 I picked this image for the vintage look but also since October being the month of Halloween celebrations, she could be used for that occasion also.  

After sizing her to just under 4" tall, I printed her on 110# Neenah cardstock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I love the elegance of Gina Marie Designs, Curly Flourish A2 Frame and cut it out of a metallic gold cardstock.  I secured the frame to the image, then trimmed the edge of the image to the size of the frame. 

Next I secured the deep red cardstock to the 6" card base and die cut the sentiment 'My Eyes Adore You' (inspired by the song) that I had also printed from the computer.  I then put the completed image securely on the card base slightly to the right side.  Before adding the sentiment,  I added foam to the back for added dimension, then secured it at the bottom left to complete the card design. 

You can visit Morgan's Art Studio to see all her creations or


 visit her Etsy shop ~ Morgan's Etsy Shop.

We'd love to have you join us on Morgan's Artworld Blog Challenge also.  Click Here.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cut It Up ~ Challenge 287 ~ Inspired by a Song (My Eyes Adore You)  

Alphabet Challenge ~ M- Monochrome 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 262 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday ~ Challenge 110 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair: E41, E42, E43, Skin: E0000, E00, Eyes: BG07, Necklace: Y26, R24, Dress: R20, R21, R000, Wand: R24, R20, Y26, Mask: R22, R32, R24, R20, R21, Y26, Around: R00 

Products 





3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous
    Love this
    Safe travels
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, A beautiful classic card. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous image and the red fits her perfectly!! As does the gold "frame"! Beautiful card all around. (I always thought it would be fun to attend a masquerade ball.) Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete