Saturday, October 21, 2023

Happy Birthday Winnie

This week's Polkadoodles Challenge was Trim a Tree - any tree.  I decided to use Winnie's Birthday Tree since several of my friends have December birthdays. 

I've made a fun fold design called a Flip Top Flap Over Card.





I started by sizing my image to about 4" tall and coloring her with Copic markers.  With all these dark, rich colors pulled out on my desk my husband said it looked like Marker Mania! 

When completed, I used Gina Marie Designs Label Six for the cloud like edging.   I cut the green matting about a 1/4" larger than the image on all sides except the top.  I left the top about 1" long.  

The card base is a magenta color and I used a 12" square piece of card stock to cut the 5" x 6" card base.  The star patterned paper is from the Polkadoodles Winter Wonderland craft pack (discontinued) and is cut 1/4" smaller than the base, then secured to the card front.

I used a scrap of the solid green to die cut 'Happy Birthday' using the Polkadoodles die.  


Inside the card base, I added another piece of the solid green that measured 4 1/8" x 5 1/2".  With the colored image laying face down and above the open card base, I secured the 'extra inch' inside the back (right side) then added the solid piece over it, sandwiching it securely.   Since it was a bit dark, I added the white paper for writing and a scrap of the star paper across the top for decoration.


I used my bone folder to crease the back of the colored image at the top of the card base, to allow it to neatly fold over to the front of the card when closed.  And there you have the Flip Top Flap Over card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

BYSH Cardmakers: Falling for the Holidays 2023 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 506 

ABC Christmas ~ V=Vertical 

Farm Quest Christmas  Challenge 1

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Raccoon: W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, Cupcake: V05, BV34, Y26, Happy Birthday: V05, RV52, Tree: E15, E17, E19, BG75, BG18, BG57, BG15, BG13, Tree Topper & Snowflake: Y26,  Her Hair: E99, YR24, YR23, Dress: BG49, BG53, BG07, BG11, Gift: BG53, BG49, BV25, Background: BV25, BV23, BV34, BV31, BV01, BV00, BV000, Boots: N6, BV23


Products 

Polkadoodles, Birthday Tree Winnie

Polkadoodles, Birthday Day Die

Gina Marie Designs, Labels Six


 

8 comments:

  1. Darling card, Pam! Love the colors and the fun fold! Thanks for playing along with our Falling for the Holidays 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool card
    I love the background behind the Happu Birthday
    Great job
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love your design. Thank you for joining us for the BYSHC Falling For The Holidays Linky Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun fold card. Thanks for joining us at BYSHC Falling for the Holidays Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful 'fold' Pam, and a great image for December birthdays. A sweet card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking to the new FarmQuest Country Christmas challenge blog. The scene has those outdoor wintery elements that we're looking for. Hope you come back with more deliveries to FQCCCB! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete