Monday, October 2, 2023

Sweet and Happy Holidays!

Happy Monday! Here's one who's colors are sure to wake you up this morning!!!

I'm posting today with the Design Team for Jan's Digital Stamps as we start off October with a new round of Christmas cards for inspiration!  I've selected Jan's new Candy Cane package and made this bright rainbow colored candy cane holiday card.  




This one just evolved as I sure didn't start out thinking it was going to be all these bright and juicy colors!  I actually started with wanting to color the bow in the Copic B04 to B06 shades of blue.  From there my pattern began and I love the way it turned out....  Looks good enough to pick it up to eat! 

Unfortunately the die for the edging on this one is a very old one, before I started keeping up with names and manufacturers.   I used a deep burgundy cardstock to make the base and covered it with the holly print.  I secured the completed image to the center of the card to complete the card for now.  Like a lot of my 'early' Christmas cards, I don't add the bow until I'm ready to add them to the envelope and mail.  This just makes storage easier and allows a prettier bow right before mailing. 

I hope you'll join us on Jan's Digital Stamp Challenge Blog. We'd love to see your card creations. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Merry Little Christmas Challenge ~ Challenge 52   

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 120  

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 70 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Candy Cane: YR16, Y18, G14, BG05, FV2, Berries: R20, R24, R29, Leaves: YG17, YG07, Bow: B06, B05, B04, B02 

 

Products  


 
 



6 comments:

  1. This so nice
    Looks so real
    I want some
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Pam, love the bright colours :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shine you have achieved on the candy is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Carol - the 'shine' is amazing and I like your different colour scheme.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. What a great candy cane and it looks really shiny. Well done with the colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Candy cane, and wow what a shine on it, great card
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete