Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Your Age?

If you enjoy posting and/or chatting on Facebook or other social media platforms, chances are you have made several good friends online that you may never have the opportunity to meet in person.   Yet you enjoy their humor or their stories or maybe the things they share throughout their postings.  Whatever the reasoning, you would consider them a friend.

I have to say that I feel very blessed to have multiple friends that meet those guidelines and I'm very grateful that they are part of my life in some way. 

Today is one of those lady's birthday. Karle' is one who definitely has a huge sense of humor and has had me rolling with laughter many days when I was really down in the past. 

Being MUCH younger than I am I thought a birthday card about her maturing age might be cute for this year.   I've selected one of the Spring Chickens from Beccy's Place ~ one of my favorite packages. 




This digital package comes with three spring chickens and several very appropriate sentiments.  After sizing the chicken that I wanted to use, I layered the sentiment close to her so the total size of the image would be about 3" x 4".

I printed the image on Neenah 110# card stock and colored the chicken with my Copic markers.  I used the Pink and Main Cloudy Frame for the red polka dotted frame.   

The green card base is a standard A2 size, with the patterned paper matting added.  Then I secured the frame and completed image in the center.  Not a posting goes by that Karle' doesn't comment on the size of my bows on my cards.  The bigger the better in her opinion!  So of course the finishing touch on her card was a big taupe organza bow at the top fold.

Happy "21st" Birthday AGAIN, Karle'!!!  Hope you have an amazing day!  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Inkspirational Challenge ~ Challenge 299 ~ Clean & Simple  

Cards Galore ~ October ~ Challenge 116  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 77

Creative Crafters ~ Challenge 68  

Beccy's Place ~ October Challenge


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

E40, E41, E42, E43, R27, R29, YR23, YR27, G20

Products  





5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Pam! I'm sure your friend will enjoy the cute chicken and humorous sentiment. Beccy's critters really make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the friends we meet online Pam, they become such a wonderful part of our lives. Maybe far in distance, but definitely close in our hearts.
    I'm sure Karle' will love the card you've created for her, it's fun and colourful. I really love the combination of patterned paper and cardstock you used, it has a lovely country feel and works perfectly with the chicken. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Pam - and I too have those 'friendships' and so treasure them. Happy Birthday to Karle from Down Under
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your spring chicken with her sage advice for Karle - pretty design with the ribbon and scalloped edge! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational:CAS Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulously fun card. Lovely layered papers and super image.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete