Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Sea Rose Shaker

This afternoon I'm posting with the Classic Design Challenge as we open the June blog challenge.  Our sponsor for this month is Ching Chou Kuik Digital Stamps. We are grateful for their support.  

For my project card, I've selected Sea Rose and made a shaker card. 



 
For this design, I started by sizing the mermaid to about 4" tall.  After printing, I used my Copic markers for coloring her and the background. 

Since she has a lot of thin line details I didn't want to attempt to cut her out and attach her to the side of a shaker.  Instead I took a dome shaped die, lined it up where I wanted the shaker window and traced it lightly.  Taking my time, I then cut around the line and trimmed away around the parts of the image inside the window.   I used a dark blue Copic and covered the exposed white edges of paper after completing my cutting. 

I added a piece of acetate to the back of the window, slightly larger than the opening. Still on the back -  I added double sided tape around the edge of the window and around the outside edge of the card front piece.  Then I set this aside to prepare the card base. 

Next on the card base, I colored in the water where the window would line up to be, extending the water a little bit all the way around to be sure it was all covered.  Very carefully I added about a teaspoon of blue sea shaker confetti* on top of the water on the card base.  

After removing the covering for the double sided tape, I carefully lined up the front to the card base and applied pressure where the tape was located.  Sounds like a lot of steps but actually was easy and went fast.   I love the way she turned out, especially the shaker part. Be sure to check out Scrapsalot, LLC to find the shaker confetti.  So many amazing colors to select from - you'll want them all.  

Be sure to check out all the Design Team projects and enter yours also on the Classic Design Challenge.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 295  

Path of Positivity ~ Challenge 112 

CD Sunday Plus Challenge ~ Challenge 111 

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ May 

 

Pam's Pearls

Copics:

Hair: N2, N5, N7, Flowers: Y15, Green Multiliner, Clothes: RV55, RV66, Y26, Fin: BG49, BG57, BG15, BG23, BG11, B60, B63, BV01, BV000, BV24, B02, B05, B06, Water: B21, B23, BG01, BG13

Products

7 comments:

  1. Great card
    Looks like so much dimension
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Pam - well done on getting the shaker element right where you wanted it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'extra' steps worked! A lovely card and that tail is magnificent!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely image just perfect with your wonderful background! Great shaker! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Pamela says - the tail is magnificent. A wonderful card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, brilliant colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete