Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A Love Like No Other

As you can tell, I'm enjoying the Sweet November 31 Days of coloring mermaids!  Thanks to one of her followers, I was able to locate and start following Amy Young's coloring videos too. What a treat to watch and follow her amazing coloring. 

Today I'm sharing Sweet November's 'A Love Like No Other' ~ here's my completed card. 


Another different image than the normal mermaids, but isn't the couple amazing! 

Here's my progressive photos for this one. 

I wanted a lot of contrast with bold colors for my card.  For her hair I used Copics E39, YR27, YR24, YR21.  His hair is done in basic black using B41, C8, C6, C2.  The scarf, sheath and belt are colored using R39, R46, R37 and R20. 


I started with his hat using Copics E81, E84, and E87.  Next, his shirt and tunic using YG97,YG95, YG93 and YG91.  For his pants I used W5, W4, and W2. Then finished the sword top with C3 and C4 and his boots with E34, E33, E30 and W4.

I love the colors in her long mermaid tail.  I used BG18, BG09, BG49, BG57, completing the couple.  
I pondered over the background for a long time, knowing I wanted water but not sure about the total image.  One of my friends suggested moonlight ~ perfect!
You can see I sketched in the water, horizon and a 'moon'. 

Next I colored the horizon silhouette of trees using BV25 and BV29.  Then I randomly filled in the water, keeping the path of the moon reflection lighter.  My water colors were B21, B00, B24, B45, B37 and B60. 

After tracing the moon to define it, I wished I hadn't. But can't remove that line, so moving on.  For the moon I used V000 and V0000.  I was away from home doing this card, and also used copics for the night sky.  Had I been home or had my supplies, I would have done the background with Distressed Oxides.  For the night background I used V20, B60, B63 and B66.  I blended over using BV0000.  

After trimming the edges, I mounted the completed image on a solid orange card stock, then added to the mermaid scale paper. I tilted it slightly when securing to allow a bit more of the background paper to show. 

Lastly I wrapped navy twine around the fold three times and added the pirate ship charm.  Loving how this turned out! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 


 

6 comments:

  1. Pam this is amazing - love your colouring, and the sea really has a lot of movement going on in it. The wee charm is the perfect finish to the card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A love like no other
    A card like no other
    Perfectly done
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam this is a beautifully coloured scene.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing with us at I Love Promarkers,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, this is gorgeous and the thought of 31 days of mermaids is just so fun! Thank you so much for joining our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge.

    ReplyDelete