Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Swim with Mermaids

As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I am excited to find Amy Young's coloring videos.  This past weekend Sweet November released eleven new clear stamp mermaids, which mean Amy would be coloring several of them.  

When I pulled up the video Saturday, Amy was making a rocky beach scene with the mermaid on the shore.  Since I didn't have any mermaids similar to that, I followed her background on another card you'll see, and her mermaid color combos here on Sparkle Moondrifter.




The mermaid's long flowing hair is done with Copics V000, V01, RV52, RV63.  Copic V15 was added last to add the contrast.  The shell hair ornament was done using E42, E93, and Y15.  For her eyes, Copics B06 and B02 were used.

For her bra and tail, the Copics are G000, G00, G02, BG93, and the dots are done with BG75. I also used G00 to go around the outside of the image to soften it when I cut it out.  

The card base is a standard A2 size.  I secured the green wave patterned cardstock then added the pink floral.   After fussy cutting the mermaid, I secured her to the center. For this one I glued her head and body down but added a foam square to the tail to raise is for a little contrast.    Lastly I added the vertical sentiment and three tiny diamond dots which completed the card design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 569 ~ Mermaids 

The Fairy and the Unicorn ~ May Challenge

Leigh SB Designs ~ May ~ Fanta Sea


Pam's Pearls

Products 



 Sweet November Stamps, Sparkle Moondrifter 

5 comments:

  1. Super cute
    Love her long hair
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous this is Pam - a beautiful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I adore the way you created that sentiment!! Thank you for playing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
    Nora
    DT Member CIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, I like the coloring and of course the image is super cute, thank you for playing our Mermaid Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!
    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete