Thursday, May 25, 2023

The Older I Get...

Today I'm sharing the card I recently made for my brother's birthday.  I always attempt to find a funny image and/or quote for his special cards.

I ran across this 'sexy old fella' in my box of printed digis and thought he would work well.   




Before I had a chance to color him, I was watching Amy Young's Saturday morning release on a rocky beach background.  I grabbed this image and started coloring with her.  What fun!!!

Afterwards, I colored in the 'birthday guy' and added the computer generated vertical sentiment.  For the finishing touch I added the 'gin' bottle charm using navy blue twine.

Inside the card I added: 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Fab n' Funky ~ Challenge 573 ~ Special Birthday 

Passion for Markers ~ Week 691 ~ Special Anniversary 

Make Mine Monday ~ #201 ~ Masculine 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday Challenge

Allsorts ~ Week 72

World Wide Crafters and Colorist ~ May Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Sand: E30, E44, E43, Ocean: B0000, B000, B34, B32, B52, B91, B60, Sky: B0000, B60, B32, B52, B91, Y000, Y00, YR30, YR31, RV0000, RV000, RV10, RV00, Horizon Line: RV34, RV10, RV00, Rocks on shore: B32, B60, E93, Y00, E84, W5, Man~ bathing suit, B97, R27, Hat: R27, R24, Blanket: B97, B95, B93, Drink: E21, C4, Hair: C4, C3

 


 

11 comments:

  1. I had to smile when I saw your fabulous card,fantastic image and sentiment,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully colored and very fun image and sentiment. Thank you for joining the Allsorts 14 year celebration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card and would definitely send it to my brother too, really made me smile. Fab sentiments and stamps too Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us in celebrating Allsorts 14th Birthday!! Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikees! Such a charmer, lol, and fabulous, coloring! Definitely a great guy card, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card and wonderful colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 14th birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun card with a super sentiment, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fun card and thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect masculine card! I just love everything about it! Your coloring is wonderful, too! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a fantastic card Pam; I'm sure your brother loved it. Love the sexy fella and your colouring is perfect. Your background scene is amazing. Thanks for joining in our special anniversary challenge over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you created a fantastic scene for your card Pam- love it! Thanks for joining in our Mega Anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete