Monday, May 29, 2023

Our Flag

Happy Memorial Day 2023!

In honor of this day, one of the weekend challenges was to make a patriotic card using stars and stripes in honor of the fallen. 

For my entry I selected Amy's Design, America Frame Die



 The die is large, measuring 5 1/2" square. This is the first time I've used it so I did add a square of wax paper between the cardstock and the die.  It cut beautifully without any issues. 

I used a 6" card base and added the blue sky like paper for the background.  Then secured the die cut frame down, being sure to get all the tiny edges glued down.  

I found the sentiment on Pinterest and thought it went well with the frame and for this holiday.  After sizing it to just under 2" square, I die cut it and the red matting using Tattered Lace, Lacy Days Square dies.  I secured both layers in the center of the card. 

Lastly I added the blue starred ribbon at the fold and secured with a simple knot.  

What a blessing it is that many who have served come home to us and their families.  I am so grateful to all who have served and protected our freedom. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 206 

The Corrosive Challenge ~ May  

Just Us Girls ~ Challenge 681 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 665 ~ All Occasions    

The Card Concept - Challenge 196 - Patriotic Picnic



Pam's Pearls


Products 




4 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day to you too, Pamela! I like your patriotic card and that wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card is beautiful and the graphics are highlighted by the blue sky. the die is wonderful, it's a pity that we don't find Italian monument-themed dies.
    Thanks for playing Krafty Chicks. GD member Taty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous patriotic card, Pam. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Card Concept in our Patriotic Picnic Challenge. We always appreciate you playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful patriotic card, Pam. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete