Friday, May 5, 2023

Fiesta Weekend!

 Let the Cinco De Mayo weekend begin!  

When searching for an image for this festive time, I was at a loss other than the die cut word 'fiesta'.   But I found several cute free coloring book pages and thought I'd use the Donald Duck one for today.  



 I started with sizing him to about 4" tall, printed him and then used Copic markers for coloring.  Nothing too fancy since this was just a card for fun.

For the decorative edges, I used Carnation Crafts Pretty Shabby Square Labels.  I love the orange patterned paper that gives him even more of a festive mood!

I secured both layers on a craft 6" square card base.  Lastly, I did cut the 'fiesta' word in purple cardstock and added it across the left corner.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Fab 'n Funky ~ Challenge 572 ~ Anything with Wings 

The Male Room - Challenge 174 ~ Animals 

2 Crafty Critters  ~ Challenge 74 

Passion for Markers ~ Week 688 ~ Cute Characters (Top 5)

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hat: YG25, YG23, Y15, V04, G15, Y32, Shakers: Y35, G14, V04, E19, Beak & Feet: YR15, Y17, Y15,  Shirt: B93, B95, B97, Y15, R46, Stool: R56

 

Products 



9 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love Donald Duck, a very fun character. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Pam - loving the Donald Duck centre piece
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cute card! - perfect for our theme. Thanks for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fun celebration card! Love good old Donald Duck! Don’t forget to share our challenge graphic on your blog post to be eligible for votes. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab card Pam. The Donald Duck image is so much fun and he pairs perfectly with the fiesta sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image ...Love Donald..on this fab card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great and colourful card which is certainly a fiesta. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun work :-) I love this image and a bright colours of your work! Also great frame die cuts

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, loving the happy Donald Duck and all the warm colors. Thank you for joining The Maler Room "Animals"-challenge, I hope to see you in our new "Shaker Cards"- challenge also.

    ReplyDelete