Monday, May 8, 2023

Soaking Up the Rays

Have you heard or read about the 31 day Mermaid Challenge over on Sweet November's Facebook page? (Friends of Sweet November) It's for the month of May and to play you have to post every day with progress and cards using their mermaid images. 

I decided to give it a try, cause you can never have enough mermaid cards!

I selected 'Skipper' for my first card.  Here's the completed card first. 



After adjusting the image to work for a slimline card, I printed her and started on May 1st.  

That day I completed her skin and hair.  


The Copic markers for her hair are B01, B02, B04, and B06.

Day 2, I colored the sea gull using C1, C3, and YR24.  Next was her mermaid tail and the bra.  For those areas I used BG18, BG45, BG48, BG53, and BG72.


On Day 3, I added the sand under Skipper  (using Copic E30, E31, E41. E42, E51, E53) and the sunrise/set under her (using YR65, E95, R11, Y32, and Y11).  The starfish is colored with YR21, and YR24.  The lobster peaking out of her hair is colored with R21, R22, and R24. 


Finally on the 4th I was able to die cut the completed image using Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline dies.   



I elected not to add a sentiment until I'm ready to use the completed card.  More Sweet November mermaids to come...

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 






 

4 comments:

  1. I just love this
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie, Pam, and I love your colouring of the image and the 'sand' in particular is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and cute slimline card!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Fairy and The Unicorn and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete