Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Here Come the Graduates!

With the months of May and June, comes the graduation announcements.  Kids that you remember being born, are about to turn a huge page in their life's story book.   We are all so proud of this accomplishment and want to help them celebrate. 

One of my repeat customers really specializes her monetary gifts by having a custom designed Graduation card for each of them.  For the last several years, I've gotten her list of gals and guys complete with not only their school colors but the color of their hair!   

For these I continue to use Unity Stamps 'Graduation Wishes' for the girls and 'You Did Good' for the boys.

Here's a sampling of a few of the cards: 



Once I stamped each design, I scanned and made the digital files so that I can ensure each card is the same. 



Images of my work in progress.  

Sure makes assembly go a bit faster when you have this many to make. 

For the guys, I didn't want to use any fancy dies, so they were just cut close to the image.  I added a coordinating royal blue matting behind the image and then secured all layers to the card base. 

For the gals, I used Penny Black's Elegant Stitching die for the edge of the colored image and for the coordinating matting.   These were also secured to a white standard A2 card base. 

As a card maker - I know you're like me and hope these young adults are appreciative for this lady taking so much extra effort in their gifts.  They sure make a nice keepsake. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 293 ~ Make It Female 

Little Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 204 ~ Sheepski Designs 

Allsorts ~ Week 726  

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 568 

Pam's Pearls

Copics

Hair: Blonde: Y06, Y21, E42, Brown: E21, E23, E25, Ash Blonde: E41, E42, E43, Red: YR27, YR24, YR21,  Gowns: Royal Blue: B18, B23, B24, Gold: Y21, Black: N3, N5, N7, Orange: YR14, Yellow: Y18, Y19, Ties: N5

 

Products


 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! These card is so brilliant, Pamela! Lovely items and the sentiments is spot on!
    Wish you a joyful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant work Pam, and great idea to computerise the images to get uniformity in a batch of cards like that
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Unity too
    These are fantastic
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy, so many Graduation cards, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great designs and a wonderful sentiment on the first cards. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pamela, a lovely way to recognise graduation ceremonies and the cards are brilliant in their school colours. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AMAZING!!! I love that you personalize them to the recipients. I just might have to get this images now!! Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges!!

    Nora
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these - great that you've personalised them by using the school colours!
    Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done, and love all the different colors, wonderful job! Thanks for playing our Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete