Thursday, May 11, 2023

I Need to SEA You Soon!

Today I'm sharing my second card in the Sweet November 31 days of Mer-May Challenge.  For this slimline card, I used 'The Look Out'.




After sizing the image to about 5" tall, I printed her on 110# Neenah cardstock.  Here are a few of my progressive coloring photos. 

After coloring the skin, I started on her hair. The Copics I used are: B41, N2, N3, N4, N5, and N6.


For her Mermaid tail, I started with RV66.  Next would be RV63, but I discovered it was very much in need of new ink, so I switched and added V06 and V04.


Next I colored the rock and water.  Rock Copics are W3, W5, with the creatures ~ RV42, RV95, R21, R22.  The Copics for the water are: BG34, BG15, BG13, BG02, BG05, B14, and B01. 


Lastly was the sky - I used Quick Quotes Chalking Ink and a finger dauber with my home cut stencil.  The top blue was done using Sky Blue and the bottom yellow was done with Chunky Monkey. 


As I was assembling her, I also decided the tail needed some 'glittery' effect so I covered it with Wink of Stella clear.


Love how she turned out! 
I trimmed her down and made the light blue card base from a 12" square blue card stock.  I generated the sentiment on my computer, then die cut it into a downward pennant and attached it at the top right corner.



Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 



3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful mermaid Pam - love your colouring of her
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colouring and the shimmer was the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go shopping your stash!! Your mermaid is beautifully colored...she is a lady!! Thanks for playing along with our "She's A Lady" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS496

    ReplyDelete