Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Meet Me Under the Sea

Today I'm sharing Sweet November Stamps, March Merlot as part of their 31 days of Mermay Coloring.  

I colored her earlier in the month but I'm just finding a slot here on the last day of the month to share her with you. 



Here are a couple of my progressive photos for this one.  I used the colored image listed on the website as my example and also Amy Young's blog when this image was released.

All the coloring was done with my Copic markers. I started with her hair and skin.  Then the rainbow tail followed by the treasure chest and the sandy ocean bottom. 


Attempting the background was about nerve-racking!  Finally I stopped and thought - I'm learning as I'm doing this.  It's not being judged or compared to the professional image.  You know - sometimes we have to talk ourselves off the wall, right.  



I used a 5 1/2" square card base, covered with the shell patterned paper.  After trimming the edges of the completed image, I cut a solid yellow mat the same size.  When I secured them to the card base, I angled them so more of the yellow would show.  

The sentiment was computer generated and die cut using Carnation Crafts, Pretty Shabby Square dies.

After I completed the card assembly, I added two coats of Wink of Stella Clear to her tail fin which really made it sparkle.


Images like this take hours to complete but they are challenging and fun.  I always learn something or see a way I could have made it different or better. Never be afraid to make it your own though and don't be so hard on yourself! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 570  

Use Your Stuff ~ Challenge 485 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 206 

The Corrosive Blog Challenge ~ May  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ May Challenge

 Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

A Thousand Sheets of Paper Blogspot - Amy Young

Products 










5 comments:

  1. Awe I'll meet her under the sea for a swim
    Adorable
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring once again Pam, and a fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA I am in awe of the coloring on this image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela, that is quite the background you have created, and chances are I would not share a first try of many techniques whilst I practised, I think you nailed the background. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this? I LOVE how you colored in the mermaid tale!!! Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete