Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Beauty in Being Different

I'm continuing to play along with the 31 days of MerMay over on Friends of Sweet November Stamps. You should see some of the fabulous mermaids being colored by amazing Copic colourist. 

I'm showcasing Octavia Softsand today - a different kind of Mermaid. 


 

I love the description on the website about this image and it's why I purchased her. 

Octavia Softsand was born from the bubbles a bit different than the rest of her mer sisters... rather than a long lovely tail she was graced with eight strong and clever tentacles. She never let her uniqueness hold her back or make her feel less than the other mermaids, instead she is proud to be her own kind of beautiful.

I started this card by sizing her to just under 4".  All the coloring was done with Copic markers and I posted on the challenge my work in progress photos.

Tentacles

Body

Hair

Bubbles

Water



I selected a pale yellow cardstock and cut a 5 1/2" card base.  After selecting the background paper, I used Cheery Lynn's French Clair Scallop die set.  Next I secured the two layers to the card base and added the stamped sentiment at the bottom right corner.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Paper Dragonfly ~ Challenge 17 ~ Island Paradise 

Leigh SB Designs ~ Challenge 17 ~ Fanta Sea 

The Fairy and the Unicorn ~ May Challenge ~ Fantasy  (Top 5)

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 569 ~ Mermaids


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair: Y18, Y38, YR15, YR16, Tentacles: Y38, Y11, BG11, BG45, BG56, BG49, Bubbles: BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10, RV02, RV00, RV000, BV04, BV02, BV00, BV000, Y11, Y000, Y0000

 

Products



7 comments:

  1. Your coloring is just amazing
    I just love those bubbles 🫧 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, love the bubbles!
    Thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this is stunning work pam - love those bubbles - they look amazing!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza amazing coloring on this incredible card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam this card is so pretty! I love your coloring. Especially those bubbles. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges. We hope you will continue to do so!
    Sandy, CIC DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done, great shaper and the image is colored wonderfully, thanks for playing our Mermaid Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete