Friday, May 5, 2023

At Your Age

Today I'm sharing a masculine birthday card using an image from My Favorite Things, Old Friends.

It's a double flap card with a belly band.  The inside sentiment is shown at the bottom corner of this photo. 





To make this card, I started by stamping the birthday guy on a scrap of paper.  After coloring him with Copic markers, I fussy cut around him and laid him to the side.  

For the card base I used a 5" x 11" white card stock, scoring and folding at 2" from both ends.  Next I cut the green solid and multi striped paper to 2 3/4" x 4-3/4"  for the front panels.  

I placed the solid green piece in my Misti and stamped the sentiment at the top and bottom. Then secured it to the left front panel and the multi striped to the right front panel.  The image of the birthday man could be placed anywhere on the card, I randomly secured him about middle of the front left flap, allowing just a little of his arm and the present to hang over.

Using a scrap of 'number' paper, I cut it just under 1" wide, wrapped it around the card and secured at the back, leaving it loose enough to slide off easily but not so tight that you'd have to rip it.  The little bit of excess that was left after securing, I trimmed away.  This belly band completed my card project. 

Wishing a very happy birthday to our dear friend Coy!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 


 

12 comments:

  1. Such a fun image Pam, and I love how you have used it, and made a slightly different fold on your card to show him off on - a fun sentiment also :) I'm at that age now too
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card over at Creative Creases and had to stop by your blog for more details! I love your coloring on the stamped birthday "boy," and that sentiment gave me a chuckle! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this
    Love the belly band
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun character. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect male card and this image is so cute! Love the colours you've used and the belly band is fab too! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guy is perfect positioned just over that fun fold ... so very glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute! I just love this wonderful masculine birthday card! It reminds me of my father, who loved getting humorous cards. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, your coloring and fussy cutting skills are top notch. I love your snarky card and thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card Pam. I love the fun image and your colouring is perfect. Fantastic papers too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great make card and lovely colouring … love the cheeky sentiment

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grumpy guy...adorable!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "FOLD IT UP" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. We have a new challenge starting today...we hope you will join us again. - Deb Horst, DT #SOS495

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mentioning no numbers! Great idea and I love the belly band and the stripes. Such a good idea which would be great for children too. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time

    ReplyDelete