Sunday, May 28, 2023

Welcome to the Mermaid Lagoon

Today I'm sharing another Sweet November mermaid as part of the 31 day coloring challenge (#mermay2023).  

This is Treasure Tempestwind and Eddy.



After sizing and printing, I started my coloring with her hair in shades of purple. (BV08, BV17, BV13, BV02, BV00)


Next I used shades of red for her bra and fin. (R39, R29, R27) The black multi-liner was used for the spots.

Then a little gold for the hair adornment and belt pearls.... (YR23, Y28, Y15)

And blue grey's for Eddy. (BV29, BV25, BV23, BV20, R20)

 For the cave background, I looked at how others had drawn or used the background image available for purchase.  I added my hand drawn cave and used most of the same colors for the rock formation.  I added BG75 and BG72 to the center to give it depth. 

I used a 5 1/2" x 6" card base and covered it with a muted green patterned paper. I die cut the image using Carnation Crafts, Shabby Squares, then mounted it in the center.  I added the sentiment at the bottom right and finished my design with the gold twine and mermaid scale charm. 

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist - May Challenge 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 255 

Leighs B Designs ~ Challenge 17 ~ Fanta Sea 

Cardz4Galz ~ Challenge 199 ~ Backgrounds 

I Love Promarkers ~ Challenge 691 ~ Special Anniversary  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ May  

Sweet November Stamps - Mermay 2023 Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Additional Copics 

Rock Background: C6, C4, C2, C1, W3, W2, W1, YG01, Sand: E30, E31, E33

Products   


Sweet November Treasure Tempestwind 



4 comments:

  1. Awesome coloring as always
    Awesome card
    And I want Eddy in real life
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Pam - and I love the design! Thanks for joining in our Mega Anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring of the mermaid Pam, and great drawing of the cave!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Gorgeous! You've added so much depth with your detailed coloring. I love the shabby square die set! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete