Saturday, May 6, 2023

Happy Birthday Beautiful Friend

This weeks challenge for the Polkadoodles Design Team was FLORAL inspirational cards.  If you're like me, you have LOTS of floral stamps and/or digital images.  Even in just my selection of Polkadoodles digitals it was tough to select the one for today.  

The one I landed on is 'Blooms 5 Tulip Peony Flower Bundle' and boy it's a beauty!





I started by enlarging the image to about 4 1/2" tall and printed it on 110# Neenah card stock.  All of the coloring was done using Copic markers and are referenced at the bottom of my blog.  

After die cutting the edge with a stitched edge die, I selected a hunter green 12" card stock and cut it in half to make the 6" card base.  I really liked this plaid paper since it picked up many of the colors I'd used.  If I'd been at home making this, I would have printed one of the Polkadoodles plaid digi papers - there are so many to choose from.  But since I was making this while at a recent retreat, I went with the alternate paper.  

The card base was covered with the plaid, then the image secured to the left of the center.  The large stamped 'Happy Birthday' needed something to help it stand out, so I added the 1" purple strip across the bottom edge of the flowers.  Then I added the sentiment overlapping the flower image and the solid horizontal strip to complete my design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beautiful Blooms ~ Challenge 4 ~ Floral 

Creatalicious ~ Challenge 258 

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 74 ~ Flower Power 

World Wide Crafters & Colourist - Challenge 4 

Crafting Happiness ~ May ~ Challenge 142, Flowers 

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 199 ~ Flowers  

I Love Promarkers ~ Challenge 534 (Winner - 2 free images from sponsor)


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Greenery: G21,  G40, G43, G46, G82, Left: Y15, Y19, Top: Salmon: R21, R22, R32, Center Purple: V12, V15, V17, Bottom: Red: R01, R29, R37, Right: Pink: R81, R83, R85, Around: B000


Products

Blooms 5 Tulip Peony Flower Bundle

3 comments:

  1. Pam, it is a beautiful stamp set. Used with your trademark awesome coloring skills, those flowers could not be more bold and lovely! I can smell their fresh scent all the way in Florida! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Happy Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - your backing paper really makes the image pop.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete