Thursday, February 29, 2024

Sending Happy Thoughts

Are you picky about what type stamps you purchase?  I don't mean like clear or red rubber.... do you only purchase name brand stamps like Simon Says, Unity Stamps, Altenew etc.?   Or do you love the bargain stamps like Dollar Tree?

I would guess if taking a poll, our answers would vary as much as what we wear each day!  We all have our favorites and certainly have things we have sworn off of.

While I'm a bargain shopper, I've certainly become more selective in my stamp purchases over the last few years.  Recently I did pick up several new stamps at the Dollar Tree, aka the 'Five Quarter Tree' as some call it now, and found the sentiment stamps were horrible.  They didn't work well in the Misti or with an acrylic block. However the card today, this bicycle image, worked perfectly! I was totally surprised and of course pleased.  



I restamped it with Versa Clair Pinecone (brown) ink on this patterned cardstock and heat embossed it for this card.  I had my colored journaling pens on my desk from the previous project, so I filled in the flowers with those.

Next I embossed the sentiment and added the yellow mat, then foam behind it and secured it to the left of the image at an angle.  I wanted a dark card base, so I cut a chocolate brown piece of cardstock down to make an A2 size card base, then secured the card front in the center.   

Although I love the way this turned out, I know I will still be selectively picky about my stamp purchases.  Still nice to have a good stamp at a bargain isn't it. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Avenue 614 ~ February  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 224 ~ Beccy's Place  

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 11  

Stamp + Fun = Creativity - Challenge 448

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 

5 comments:

  1. I guess if you got it at a bargain price, to get that wonderful bicycle stamp that works is a bonus. I too have had somed stamps that just don't want to stamp at all - and often from magazine sets :( , although I do have a branded one that never stamps well.
    I think your card is amazing, and I love the patterned background for you stunning image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this background with this floral bike
    And yes sometimes you can find a bargain and it turns out well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and p.background,love the beautiful floral bicycle.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, nicely designed and layered. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. I like these colored flowers. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete