Saturday, February 17, 2024

Your Age?

Here I go today with another card from a photo! 

Another special family member who loves her fur baby is having a milestone birthday on Monday.  

Here's her completed card and then a little bit about it. 



It will be her 70th birthday so we wanted a special card to send to her.  Knowing how much she loved her fur babies, I searched her profile for the perfect photo.  She 'inherited' Kidler about 18 months ago when her Mother, who was 98, passed.  

After a little adjusting, it looks like life is good on both sides. 


I scanned this photo and removed the color using a couple of filters, then printed the image on 110# Neenah cardstock. 

I used my Copic markers to add color back in as close as I could match the photo of Kidler and added a bit more color in the background.  

I used Gina Marie Designs Label Six to die cut the completed image and then added a black cardstock liner.  I used a standard A2 card base and secured the light brown patterned paper matting, then the green paper matting to the card front.  Next I added the image with the liner in the center. 

The sentiment tag is computer generated then die cut with a fish tail tag die.  I added a layer of fun foam behind it to raise it slightly then secured it at an angle across the top.  Lastly I added the single enamel dot on the tag to complete the design. 

On the inside.... well this family member is fun loving thankfully!  Inside her card says... 
Although these are a 'stretch' for me to make, I do enjoy completing them and adding a special surprise to the birthday person!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 271 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 111 ~ Birthday  

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 11  

Time Out Challenge ~ Challenge 257 ~ 10th Birthday  

Farm Quest General Store  ~ February Challenge

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Cat: C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, W3, W4, W5, Background: G12, E84, E37, E27, R12, Y35, Y38

 

 

Products 











4 comments:

  1. Omg this card is just too funny
    Great job xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of FarmQuest General Store for this outdoor cat photo/image birthday card! What a thoughtfully creative way to personalize! And the coloring is meticulous! --Appreciatively, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and thoughtful, which I'm sure your friend will love. Happy you joined the BD celebration at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I LOVE that cat! What a fantastic way to crate the image. I'm delighted that you entered our challenge over at FarmQuest General Store this month. Good luck in the draw, my friend.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete