Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Unending Love

Happy Valentine's Day 2024!

I saved this Polkadoodles image (Mums the Word) from the Tons of Love Elephants until today because I think it's the sweetest of all the ones in this release.  Although it's showing a Mother's love for her child it represents the meaning of the love we should be sharing on this Valentine's Day.




For this design I layered the image on the digital paper and printed a 5" square.  I printed the stripped piece separately.  I used my Copic markers for coloring the two elephant images.

The card base is 5 3/4" square, covered in burgundy and then gray cardstock.  I selected the split layout and used the Pink & Main Stitched Rectangle die to cut the image and the stripped piece.  I also cut and rounded additional pieces of burgundy to mat behind the patterned pieces.  Then each layer was secured as shown in the photo.  I added the white Love You heart in the center right and after adding tiny strips of burgundy for the 'thread' in the buttons, added each of these to the card base. Lastly I added the white organza ribbon and bow at the top fold of the card.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 95 ~ Dots / Stripes 

Cards Galore Encore ~ February Challenge 

Critter Crazy ~ Challenge 83  

Cupcake Inspiration, Challenge 587 

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 219 ~ Love

 

Copics  

Momma Elephant: C2, C3, C4, C5, Baby: R02, R11, Feet and Tusk: E50, E30, E31, Shadow: R39


Products








 

8 comments:

  1. So very sweet
    Definitely puts a smile on your face
    I love the choice of colors xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable and clearly shows Love. I love everything about this card. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! Amazingly cute image, wonderful coloring of the image, great pink and gray color scheme and a stunning design. This card is perfect. I like the separated strip in the middle. It makes your card so interesting and more unique. Wonderful background design paper and also a great shape of the strip.
    Thank you for sharing this cute card with the Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! Your coloring of the elephants rocks. Such a beautiful card. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorably cute image and a lovely design for this pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable image and a super pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Anne CC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card with an adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! Those elephants are so adorable - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete