Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Cutest Little Mermaid

Today I'd like to share the four month 'birth-day' card in the Disney Princess series for Baby Olivia.   Each month this little bundle of joy has a special princess outfit made by her Great Grandmother to wear in her photo session.  I also have the honor of making a birth day card for her from her Grandparents.

January's princess was Ariel-the Mermaid. 



 I started this card from the navy blue card base. I used the Momenta Mermaid Scales background die with a multicolored shiny card stock to cut the next layer.  

For the baby mermaid image I used one of the Google Disney images and sized her to fit the card front.  After Copic coloring her I carefully hand cut her out ensuring none of the white edge remained. I used Copic N4 to edge the entire mermaid before securing her to the center of the card.  

Both of the sentiments were computer generated, printed and die cut using Gina Marie Designs Drop Pendant die set.  I carefully tucked the top sentiment under Ariel's ponytail, then secured it to the top corner and secured Olivia's name at the opposite bottom corner. Perfect for her four month keepsake card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Crafting from the Heart ~ Challenge 9  

2 Sisters on the Blog ~ Challenge 83 ~ M = Mermaid  

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 126

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair: E39, YR27, YR24, YR21, Eyes: B24, B28, Fish: B24, B28, Y18, Suit/Tail: BG32, BG34, BG49, Shell: YR02


Products 

Momenta, Mermaid Scale Background die 

Gina Marie Designs, Drop Pendant Die

9 comments:

  1. This card is too darn cute
    The background couldn't be more perfect
    That baby.... I bet you just wanna squeeze her!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely adorable image and card and picture of Olivia,thank you for joining us at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the cute image.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea from Great Grandma! And your card fits the theme perfectly.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the die cut background which look like mermaid scales and the image is so sweet. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and cute card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a cute card, love it
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, and a fabulous card - beautifully created.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete