Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Girl and Her Dog

My second oldest granddaughter is turning 20 today... which of course is just hard to believe!  Her quiet and gentle character continues to be dominate even with her beautifully bright auburn hair.  She is the best Dog Mom around - just ask Jersey, her huge Shepard Husky mix who is at her side continuously. 

For her special birthday card I decided to use one of the photos of her and Jersey.  I wanted it to be a nice surprise for her and a keepsake card.  I was so very thrilled when I received a message from her that it had arrived early.  This is what she wrote... 

"My birthday card came in today and I absolutely love it so much. It's my favorite card ever. Thank you so much. I love you."

You know that really made my day too!

Here's the final card followed by the photo I used.



To make this card I scanned the photo and used a couple of filters to remove the color from the image.  Then I used my Copic markers to color back in the color as close as I could.

After matting with the solid brown, I added the patterned paper to the 6" light blue card base then secured the image near the top.  I also matted the sentiment that I had printed and raised it with a strip of fun foam, securing it to the right of the image. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 271 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 111 ~ Birthday  

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 514 ~ Love  

I Love Promarkers ~ Challenge 552

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 623 - 624


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Jersey: E40, E41, E42, E37, N3, N5, N6, Skyla: E21, E23, E25, E27, E43, N3, N6, Background: B51, N4, BG0000

 







 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful personalised card and love the photo you used.
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is somw amazing work
    Wow wow wow absolutely perfect! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, this lovely. I came here to see how you did this. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is stunning. This birthday card will be one your grandaughter will cherish I am sure.

    ReplyDelete