Friday, February 23, 2024

From the Tips of Your Toes

One of my card swap groups has finally made it through the alphabet doing one letter each month for one of our challenges.  February brought up the final letter 'Z' and some interesting cards from the ladies!

For my card to send my partner I selected two images.  I've used the digital image from Polkadoodles for the center.  This lovely lady is Capricorn from the Zodiac Collection.  For the top layer, I used Whimsy Stamps Zipper stamp.




It might have been a bit easier if I'd selected two stamped images rather than using the digital image.  I was up for the challenge and thought she was perfect for this one.  

I measured the width of the zipper opening and the depth and sized my image to fit approximately in that space.  I left a good bit of white space around her also to allow me to shift the image as needed.  After printing, I colored the image with my Copic markers.  

Next I stamped the Zipper stamp on the purple cardstock using London Fog Memento Ink to give it a gray tone.  I carefully cut along the zipper on the inside 'v'.  Then I trimmed this piece on the sides to be even with the top edge of the zipper.  At this point, the bottom of the paper is still longer. 

 Then I placed the zipper piece on top of the colored image, lining it up to have her in the center of the zipper opening.  After measuring to get things to the right card size, making a few light marks, then I was able to trim down the image and the zipper overlay.  

I used a 5 1/2" square card base and covered it with the lavender plaid paper from the Polkadoodles Toadlly Cute paper pack.  Then I secured the image and zipper overlay to the card base making sure the sides lined up properly.   I returned the card to the Misti and stamped the sentiment in the lower left corner using black Versa Clair ink. 
It's a bit hard to read in the photo.  It's from CC Designs, Rockability set and it says...

You're Beautiful...
From the Tips of Your Toes
To the Depth of Your Soul

Lastly, I added the green organza ribbon and heart charm at the top fold to complete the card design.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Simon Says ~ Wednesday Challenge ~ Beautiful Blooms  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 635-636  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 80  

Farm Quest ~ Challenge 135  ~ Random Winner

Mirtillamente ~ February ~ Challenge 28

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Capricorn: BV20, BV23, BV25, Horns: E70, E71, Flowers: Y13, YR12, YR18, YR21, YR23, Bell: N2, N4, N5, Y28, Eyes, BG02, BG07, Leaves: Y00, G24, G46, YG61, YG63  


Products 



Polkadoodles, Toadally Cute Craft Paper



2 comments:

  1. This is darling
    Great color choices xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam: this little goat is too cute!! And I love this sneak peek kind of look like she's been hiding down in the meadow and popping up for a quick check! Thanks for thinking of FarmQuest General Store challenge! --Becca

    ReplyDelete