Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Be My Valentine

As a card maker, it is a wonderful feeling to have people request me to make special cards for them, like todays.  Sometimes I have to remind them, I'm not an artist - I'm just a gal that never grew up and still likes to color!

This image is from Lili of the Valley, 'Close Your Eyes'. What a great image for a Valentine card.



I started by sizing the image to just under 4" wide and printed it on 110# Neenah card stock.  The Copic coloring is always the fun part, and this one certainly was.

The delicate edging was done by die cutting the completed image with Penny Black's Elegant Stitched Rectangle Die. I also cut a liner mat using the pink dotted Swiss paper.

The card base is 6" square and I covered the front with the dark red heart patterned paper.  I had previously printed several Valentine sentiments to have an assortment ready for the cards I had to make.  After die cutting this sentiment, I trimmed another strip of the pink dotted Swiss and added it horizontally to go under the sentiment.  I used a piece of adhesive white iridescent ribbon to transition between the two patterned papers.  Then I added a layer of fun foam to the back of the sentiment before securing it in the center of the pink strip.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Heart Quest  ~ Celebration of Love ~ Challenge #2  ~ Winner

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 83 

The Crafting Challenge ~ February ~ Red Like Love 

Worldwide Crafters and Colourist ~ January

Ave 613 - February - Love Letters  

Dragonfly Dreams ~ February ~ Hearts

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Boy ~ Hair: N6, Skin, R01, E34, Shirt: N0, N2, Overalls: B93, B95, Shoes: E39

Girl ~ Hair: E41, E42, E43, Sweater: BG53, BG57, Socks: BG53, Skirt: R23, R20, BG53, Shoes: N7

Rose: R37, R39, Leaves: G40, G43, G46, Heart: R37, R39 

 

Products 

 
Lili of the Valley, Close Your Eyes - discontinued  







 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and image so beautifully coloured.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just popping back to say this would be perfect for our challenge at --- https://birthstonechallenges.blogspot.com/
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Valentine card!!! This is just super cute---superably crafted!!! Thanks for sharing at HQCOLCB for it's option celebratory event theme of Valentine's Day! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, this is such an adorable card for Valentine's Day. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

    Gail DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Valentine's card Pam. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two little sweet hearts are so very cute. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card. Cute images and colouring is just perfect. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful grazie per aver partecipato alla sfida di The Crafting Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet image. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this month Christine DT

    ReplyDelete