Monday, February 19, 2024

The Best Thing about Memories...

Happy Birthday to my Husband Carl!

The Best Thing About Memories is Making Them ...

Together!

For this special birthday card I ordered a new stamp specifically for his card.  This stamp is a Dove Art Studios  image named 'Train Station' by artist Jennifer Dove.  

The train image itself holds many memories for him having spent a good part of his childhood and first marriage living across the road from the active railroad in our local town.  Now that chapter has ended and our story started just over three years ago. We will always treasure our good memories as we focus on the adventures our God has planned for us together.  

To make this card I stamped the image on Neenah 110# cardstock and colored it using my Copic markers.  I used the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle die for the stitched edge cut.  

The card base is a 6" gold card stock with a left side fold.  It's covered in a red gingham pattern with 'ticket' prints.  I added a blue mat behind the completed image, secured slightly offset at the top of the card, then added the train image.  After adding a piece of foam behind the cardboard clock, I placed it over the edge of the mat and secured it at the bottom right corner of the card front.  Lastly I added the brown twine at the card fold and a little bit of glossy accents in the window panes to complete my design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Avenew 613 ~ February Challenge  - Top rocker

Lil Patch of Crafy Friends ~ Challenge 224 Beccy's Place  

We Love Stamping,UK ~ February Challenge  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 271  

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 111 ~ Birthday  

Time Out Challenge ~ Challenge 257 ~ 10th Birthday


Pam's Pearls

 

Products  





9 comments:

  1. Very nice card
    No doubt he will love it
    Happy birthday Carl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene and fabulous coloring. I'm sure your hubby will enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the sentiment and Vintage image.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely vintage scenic card with special memories, many thanks for sharing and joining in at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely birthday card for Carl. I hope you make many more memories together. God Bless you both. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful image and beautifully coloured! Love the layout and ephemera too! Thanks for taking some Time Out to join our 10th birthday party Time Out Challenges! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon (just check the rules - 5 entries including ours)!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam, a lovely card for your husbands birthday, love the train stamp with the station. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww... this is soo special and beautiful! Love the vintag-y vibes and how you designed it. Thank you so much for joining Time out challenges 10th birthday celebrations! Hugs ~ Ishani <3

    ReplyDelete