Saturday, February 10, 2024

A Gift

This week's Polkadoodles Design Team Challenge was to use acetate or vellum with a Lucy Monkman image on our cards. 

I've selected the 'Just For You with Dogs' image for my card which has a vellum tag.



 When I started this card, I sized the image so the girl was just under 4" tall.  I didn't realize how wide the image was at the time, but when I printed it then I saw it was wider than my card base! So I proceeded anyway and I will show you what I did with the dog to the right of the girl.  

I used Copic markers for coloring the images.  Then I used Polkadoodles Heavenly Circles stencil with Distressed Oxides Prize Ribbon and Speckled Egg to make the fun background.

Next I cut the image on the right to remove the second dog and to make the completed image about 3 1/2" square.  I rounded the corners and cut a black liner mat to go behind it. 

On the 6" card base, I also added the black liner mat and then the green paper from Polkadoodles Soft & Scrumptions Craft Paper package.  As I secured the image on the front I tilted it slightly to the left.  

For the sentiment, I used LDRS Mini Winnie Boutique and stamped on the vellum, then embossed and die cut.  I added vellum adhesive and a couple of enamel dots to secure the sentiment to the card front.  Then I added the navy organza ribbon and bow at the top fold to complete the design. 

But where did the other dog go? 


Oh he's hanging out inside the card at the bottom corner! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 271  

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 11 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Monday Challenge ~ Fun With Stencils 


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair: E39, YR21, YR24, YR27, Shirt: BV01, BV02, Shirt & Stockings: BG49, BG57, Boots: E08, E09, Dog: E31, E33, E35, Presents: YR24, BG49, BG53, BV01, BV02, E08, Snow: B60, B63, Inside card dog: E53, Scarf: BG49, BV02


Products 








1 comment:

  1. Love this
    Love that background
    It's so perfect 👌
    Great coloring xoxo

    ReplyDelete