Monday, April 17, 2023

Our Friendship

Happy Monday Morning to you!  

I'm here today with Jan's Digi Stamps Design Team and our mid month inspirational cards.   I'm truly excited about sharing this card.  It's been ready a while and it is one of the prettiest I've ever made. 

I've used Jan's 'Early May Bouquet' and made a fancy fold card. I don't know what the 'name' of this fold is - but it's where the back is wider than the front, and the image extends past the front cover.  



When I first saw this image, I was a bit concerned.  The digital package only had the very light gray (no line) image to color.  I have a hard enough time staying in the lines, much less coloring with light lines!   Talk about out of my comfort box!

But I printed the beautiful image on the larger side and layered the sentiment over the vase.  With my Copics ready, I began slowly, coloring sections at a time. It took me a solid two hours to color this.  I told my husband when I completed it - this was not relaxing!  However I loved it and it got even better when I happened upon the patterned paper pad with coordinating solids.   

This card reminds me so much of my best friend's mother.  Margie loved flowers and when I made this card it was just a couple of days prior to her 98th birthday.  She's been in heaven for several years now, but still alive in our hearts. 

Be sure to visit Jan's Challenge Blog to see all the Design Team cards and to enter yours!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 108 

Just Us Girls ~ Week 675 ~ Moodboard  

Creative Creases ~ Challenge 55  

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 505 ~ Easter Flowers or Spring 

Paper Dragonfly ~ Challenge 16 ~ April Showers bring Spring 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 492 ~ Spring is in the Air  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ Challenge #4


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Greenery: G46, G82, G21, G20, Various Flowers:  E40, E41, E42, E43, Y11, V25, V22, V95, V93, V91, V0000,  E99, E95, R12, R11, Vase: W4, W3, W2, Shadow: C3, C2, Around: BG0000

 

Products 





14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with lovely papers. I know the "no-line" coloring and watercoloring is "in" at the moment but I'm like you, I don't do it because I prefer bolder lines. Even though this wasn't a relaxing color, you've done a brilliant job of it!
    Donna xx
    Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Pam. I have purchased this image but haven't had the time to use it yet. I hope to do as well as you.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and well done on the beautiful colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible, Pamela. You should be very happy with it. Awesome coloring too! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I would never have known this was out of your comfort zone - your colouring is stunning! Love how everything co-ordinates so perfectly, and the use of the really pretty backing paper.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pam this is exquisite - beautiful colouring of the image, and the paper is the perfect compliment to it on this lovely fold
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Pam, you did an amazing job coloring Jan's beautiful digital. Thank you for entering your fun fold at the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. No line colouring is difficult - you did a fabulous job with this beautiful image. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love this gorgeous card! Your coloring skills are fantastic and love the papers. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, your fancy fold is absolutely beautiful and the coloring perfect. Thank you for participating in the Creative Creases challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may have been out of your comfort zone but you've created a really pretty card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card, your colouring is beautiful
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Crafters and Colourists. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete