Friday, April 14, 2023

My Strength

Today I'd like to share another page from my Scripture Art Journal.  This is a year long project where we are given a scripture verse each Monday and have a week to depict it visually.  



 I used a mixed media paper for this one - and grabbed my Distressed Oxides.   Each of the layers from the mountain to the multi layers of clouds, are done by tearing a scrap of cardstock and then applying the oxides.  

After I completed the background and black mountains, I stamped the trees (by Nellie Snellen) and the deer silhouette (Recollections Christmas Noel) using Versa Clair Nocturne ink.

After trimming the edges I added the image to my journal and then added the printed scripture to complete this scripture. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 591-592

The Male Room ~ Challenge 173 ~ Stencil or Die   

Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 86 ~ Add an Animal  

We Love Stamping ~ April Challenge

Pam's Pearls

Products: 

Background: Distressed Oxides: Speckled Egg, Iced Spruce, Pine Needles, Black Soot. 


Trees: NellieSnellen: Christmas Pine Trees


Deer: Recollections Christmas Noel


8 comments:

  1. A stunning illustration of the scripture Pam - that deer (stag) silhouette is stunning against your amazing background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and awesome technique
    Karlรฉ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, what a lovely art journal page... it goes so well with the scripture you were working with! Your sky is really nicely done using torn cardstock as your stencil mask for the sky and mountains! Thank you so much for sharing your page with us at The Male Room!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautifully done page for your journal, thanks so much for joining our April challenge at We Love Stamping and for using the Animal option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely strong image for those words. That stag is such a great stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that’s fabulous Pam! I admire that you have a vision to create such a work of art, using scripture, so quickly. Thank you for sharing with us, it may inspire more people to seek and know God’s word. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing "guy" card, Pam. This is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always super grateful to have you share your wonderful art with us. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing at The male Room. Goga

    ReplyDelete