Sunday, April 23, 2023

Dream Big Little Mermaid

There's nothing like the birth of a new baby! It's even more exciting when it's the first in the family.  The excitement is mixed with the tears of joy as everyone is trying to get those first photos through the hospital nursery glass. 

That's the excitement that has filled the lives of a young couple who just had their first child several days ago.

Today I'm sharing the special card I made for her arrival. 




Her parents love tropical fish (and many other animals) and they wanted her name to reflect their hobby.  When Finley came up as a choice, there were no others - 
Finley it would be!   

The image is one that I copied from a napkin and lightened to make the print.  I've used Copic markers for all the coloring and the Tattered Lace Nesting Pearls Square die for the aqua/green metallic matting. 

There are so many big hopes, dreams and well wishes for this sweet baby girl. Today everyone is just happy she's healthy and her Mom and Dad are doing well. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

World Wide Crafters & Colorist ~ April 

Through the Purple Haze  ~ Challenge 203 

Seize the Birthday ~ Challenge 255 ~ Alcohol 

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge ~ Challenge 634 

Beyond the Blues  ~ Challenge 84 ~ Birthdays

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair E23, E25, Crown & Pearls: E40, E41, Baby’s Fin: BG11, BG13, BG32, BG34, BG45, BG49, Large Fin: BG11, BG13, BG34, V12, V15, V17, RV55, Seaweed: V12, V15, Around image: BV20, B60, B63


 



7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Pam - for a beautiful wee baby's arrival. I love the image you have used - very clever to copy and re-size the napkin image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious baby
    Great colors
    Love the rhinestones
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love that name too - well done mom and dad :) Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh this is absolutely precious!! And fabulously colored! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a really sweet image and so skillfully colored; I love the colors you've used as well. A beautiful card for the precious baby Finley! Congrats to the new parents too! Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, aren't you the brilliant one, Pam, lifting from a napkin for get an image! Such a precious image and your coloring is superb. While I'm here, let me say Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Crafters and Colourists. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete