Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Background Die Challenge

How or when do you use your background dies? 

For me, being a Copic colourist, I tend to use the dies as my background and then add a colored image that I have cut out. But for just as many of you, I'm sure you use the background die as the focal point of your card.

Today I'm sharing a card I recently made for a card swap challenge - ' Make a card using a background die'.  While that left it open to interpretation, I decided to use this die as the focal point of my card design.

I've selected the 'Twinkling Trellis' background die by Gemini.




 I started by selecting a solid and patterned paper that coordinated well.  The solid green is card stock and the delicate patterned paper is 20# paper. 

I centered the die on the 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" piece of green card stock.  For this die, I did sandwich 'wax paper' between the die and the card stock.  If you don't already know, that's a great trick on any detailed die. The waxy surface helps the die cut crispier and prevents it from sticking. 

Using an A2 standard white card base, I added the floral piece in the center, then secured the detailed trellis piece on top.  Using the scrap of green, I added the horizontal strip about an inch from the bottom and secured it well at the sides.  Lastly I added the ocean sentiment to complete my design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Little Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 203 

Allsorts ~ Week 722-723

 

Pam's Pearls

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful die and the pattern makes a perfect focal point! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a beautiful background die. I love the patterned paper peeking through it too. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such an intricate die and you have showcased it beatuifully Pam, many thanks for joining in our Easter fortnight challenge at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful result Pam, and a very pretty and delicate card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background die! Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card using this delicate die. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete